Because I know there are many family members that are looking forward to seeing two little munchkins dressed up for Halloween I am making the effort to get pictures up on here quicker than my usual ...weeks later timeframe :) We had a fun time dressing up and trick or treating! Lots of trick or treating! (3 times actually).
So it all started on Saturday. The Downtown Hingham shops were handing out candy on Saturday from 11-3 so we decided to get out and do a little trick or treating test run! Ava slept through the whole thing and Olivia actually got tired and wanted to go home about 30 min into it...lol. She wore her little mermaid costume and we learned something while wearing it on Saturday. Its really not that fun to walk around in. It constricts leg movement just a bit.
So on Sunday we went to the mall (which was doing trick or treating from 3-5). olivia dressed as a tooth fairy this time. Last minute costume change and idea. I wanted to get Ava out (since she was asleep the day before) and see Olivia in her costume and trick or treating because I didn't want take Ava out later thinking it would be to cold but didnt want to miss out on the fun. I'm glad we did go to the mall because it was REALLY cold Sunday night. Ava enjoyed seeing all the other dressed up trick or treaters! And again Olivia wanted to go home before we were finished because she said she was tired...lol. She even had a nap and fell asleep in the car on the way there. I guess trick or treating is hard work : )
So we came home and Ava and I handed out candy at the house and Olivia and David went out to do a little more trick or treating around the neighborhood. It was cold but they came back with LOTS of candy and other treats. Her bucket was full and David was having to stash the extra in his jacket pockets and they didn't even make it to all the houses in the circle because Olivia was getting cold! ( Good thing because we did not need any more candy...that was for sure). The lessons that I learned from all of this trick or treating is..... Lesson 1 : from now on we are just going trick or treating once! Lesson 2: going around the neighborhood gets you more and better candy in much less time : ) I think this is due to the fact that there are not a ton of trick or treaters! So the trick or treaters that did show up hit the jack pot! Olivia came home with full size candy bars, bubbles, juice boxes, and candy,candy,candy! We have enough candy to last through the ENTIRE year now!
Now time for pictures, pictures, pictures!
So here we are carving our pumpkins. David and Ava carved a scary pumpkin and Olivia and I did Minnie Mouse. Olivia wanted hers to be scary so we came up with the idea of giving Minnie Mouse vampire teeth...lol
Olivia tried to use a scoop to get out the pumpkin and seeds but was not happy to know that we were going to have to use our hands to get it out because the scoop was not doing much.
She said "Yuck...I don't want to touch that stuff"
So I ended up doing pretty much the whole thing while she watched.
We have decided that it is to much work to be doing these elaborate pumpkin carvings that we end up having to spend a couple of hours on from start to finish so next year is going to be much more generic pumpkins. We are Vetoing character pumpkins for next year!
Ava couldn't take all the suspense and decided to sleep instead : )
They are cute but not sure they are worth all the time!
I have these a little out of order. So here are Sundays pictures and then Saturdays are after these.
So this is Sundays trick or treating. We are about to leave for the mall with our tooth fairy and little pumpkin!
Fell asleep in the car on the way to the mall!
Not be able to walk very well in the mermaid outfit Olivia wanted to be something different on Sunday. Do tooth fairy's come any cuter! This was a last minute day of costume. I drew the tooth on felt and cut it out and taped it onto her ballet outfit...added a tutu and wings that we already had in our dress up and threw on some cowgirl boots and some sparkles on the face and we have a tooth fairy!
She loves to pose!
Just a little bit close but thats what happens when you take your own picture and your arms are only so long! Thought they still turned out cute even though I feel like you cant get any closer to our faces.
Leaving for a little neighborhood trick or treating!
All the loot from the trick or treating! Lots of good stuff in there!
Little Mermaid....on Saturday
Two little cuties dressed in the costumes for mommies mandatory photo shoot...lol
Sweet little pumpkin!
Couldn't keep her from sticking leaves, pumpkins, whatever she could get in her mouth!
The closest thing I could get of a smile from her...which is not normal... except for when she is dressed and stuffed as a pumpkin (stuffed her sweater with that soft pillow filling to make her round) and much more interested in leaves and pumpkins than me jumping around and making strange noises to try to get her to give one of her cute smiles.
THE END!!!!

























































No comments:
Post a Comment