Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fireworks and Parade...

For the fourth of July we hung out in Hingham. Friday night we enjoyed fireworks at the Hingham Harbor. It was lots of fun and Olivia enjoyed watching the fireworks.


These are a few pictures we took at the house before we left





At the Harbor hanging out until the fireworks start!




Keeping ourselves occupied


and making scary faces!






They did the fireworks from an island across the water it was really pretty








Sunday Hingham did a Fourth of July parade. It was REALLY hot and the parade was REALLY long but we had fun none the less.








Seeing these horses are always fun. They are sooo  BIG!


These people definitely were definitely the best dressed of anyone. I am sure they were very hot. 




Later that day they were putting on an old fashioned baseball game but we decided it was to hot to try to make it to that one. 


Trying to stay in the shade during the parade


Juggling man on stilts


Clowns!




We stopped to get some ice cream afterwards at a wonderful place in downtown Hingham called Nona's Homemade Ice Cream. (they have really good ice cream : ) We all know that Olivia loves her ice cream!





We had decided that morning to walk to the downtown area as it is only about two miles away and thought we would have a hard time finding a parking space. Well my feet have been hurting from planter fasciitis so I had been wearing my Birkenstocks. So naturally I wore them to the parade. VERY bad idea. As soon as we got to the parade I had to take them off and walk around in my bare feet. I ended up with three huge blisters on my feet and i could not even just stand in my shoes they hurt so bad. So.....poor David had to walk back home by himself after the parade to get the car and come back to pick us up. I was extremely thankful for that.



But all in all we had a wonderful Fourth of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment