Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacation Pictures...



So it never fails....I have tons of pictures...... all from our vacation in New Hampshire. We had a fun time but it never fails that when you get back home you feel like you need a vacation from the vacation you just took :) 

We went for a whole week to New Hampshire. While there...we all unfortunately developed runny noses, itchy throats, and coughing due to allergies. Something was definitely in the air up there! But we still managed to have a good time. We spent lots of time in the pool at the hotel, went to Clarks Trading post where we saw a bears preform and took a train ride. Olivia found it very interesting that bears can walk on two legs, eat ice cream and even ride a scooter! We also went for a hike to a waterfall, Storyland, miniature golf, lots of eating, fishing, ice cream and shopping :). We also drove along the Kangamangus Highway (beautiful scenery...mountain and river streaming along it) and played in the water :) Olivia went on her first fishing trip with daddy so I did not get pictures because I wasn't there. David did take a couple with his phone so I will have to post those later. We got home Saturday afternoon and on Sunday took the kids to the beach for a couple of hours. No pictures there either....sorry. Only ones after we got back into the car. I am banned (by david) from bringing my "expensive camera to the beach and ruining it".... and forgot my phone :( I do have pictures from Clarks Trading post but they are on another card that I cant find at the moment ( I promise to post those at a later time :) but even without all of those photos there are still a little over a 100 here so you are not missing to much :)

Let me tell you I know some have experienced this and know what I am talking about but taking a 16month old and a four year old on vacation does not make for a relaxing one. Fun yes, relaxing noooooooo! And the four of us staying in one room......can I say that we have officially decided next time that we will rent a cabin or something where we can sleep in separate rooms. NO ONE went to sleep on time. The bedtime on this vacation for the kids was 9:30-10:30 from the normal 7-7:30 ish. We pretty much all went to bed at the same time. No one wanted to go to sleep and one would wake the other or keep the other awake. So needless to say by the end of the week there was some crankiness going on by ALL of us. 

That being said....vacation never lasts long enough! And I still have lots of laundry to catch up on! Enjoy the photos :)


Our hike to the waterfall




Dont know why but I have always wanted to take photos of someone on train tracks and so I got my chance...lol





















Playing the piano....


Olivia rocking the boat while Ava steers...

Would anyone like some pie...



Alice in Wonderlands teacups. Ava had lots of fun on this ride...



It was nap time at this point. Can you tell?



Cinderellas castle...Unfortunately she was not there. Olivia suggested that she was at the ball.







Sitting in Cinderella's chair since she was not at home :)


Our carriage coming to pick us up...






I dont do ferris wheels so I let everyone else enjoy the ride and I took pictures :)



Ok this is awful but this was sooooo funny. This is the ride I went on with Olivia last year and I cant say how MUCH I HATE THIS RIDE. I was very close to throwing up before we got off of it and Olivia looked sick and seemed to hate every minute of it BUT for some reason she wanted to ride it again this year. Well I said go for it daddy! She looked sick from the moment it started until the moment it ended and hated EVERY minute of it. She actually held her hand up a couple of times to try to get them to stop the ride...lol (they said give a thumbs down if the ride needed to be stopped) but apparently because it wasnt a thumbs down or they did not pay attention the ride kept going and David felt she could get through it. I think after this time this ride will no longer be on our list...lol




Her holding her hand up to stop it... notice daddy giggling.


Ride stopped and not looking to happy...






Having fun in the mist cooler...




Playground at the hotel..





















Ava had a great time playing in the stream. Just plop her down on a rock and she was HAPPY!



























We went to New Hampshire on a Monday so we had the weekend before to relax and get packed and go have our toenail done :) Olivia's toes...she got flowers put on the big toes.






These next few photos are just random and thought they were cute. Plus..I wanted to show the new dress I made Ava :)

A little sisterly love...ahhhh!




The few pictures I got from the beach. This was in the car on our way back home so we are hot, tired, and sandy!




Look at those two cute little bottom teeth!


So this was after the beach. I walked in to the room to find this. So cute. They were watching a movie and cooling off after our beach trip. Olivia ended up having a fever after we came home from the beach which lasted for the next two day...so there was a lot of laying around the next couple of days. (which does not happen around here so she definitely was not feeling well.)




We collected this snake from our trip to storyland. Not sure why but Olivia HAD to have it. Funny enough they actually have been playing with it quite a bit. Who knew!



So I will post the other pictures on here soon! Ava is awake from her nap so duty calls! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment